Turkey Brats with Slaw
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 4 cups beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 teaspoons celery salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 packages (19-1/2 ounces each) turkey bratwurst links
- 6 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10 brat buns, split
- In a Dutch oven, bring the beer, 2 teaspoons celery salt and garlic to a boil. Add bratwurst. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until firm and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and onion in oil for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Stir in the cranberries, vinegar, honey and remaining celery salt; heat through. Set aside.
- Drain bratwurst. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns with coleslaw mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 544 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1529mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2012
I added 1/2 tsp of celery seed, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper and 1 tsp kosher salt to the slaw during the last step. My family loved this unique dish and we will certainly make it again.