Turkey Bow Tie Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender. Remove the turkey and vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. Add chicken broth to the pan; bring to a boil. Add bow tie pasta; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat; stir in the stewed tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, garlic salt and turkey mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Bow Tie Skillet
"I have made this recipe since it was first publushed in TOH. My family loves it and it is always a pleasure to serve it since it is so tasty and healthy."
"Loved this recipe! Husband recommended a little more chili powder or cayenne powder for a little more "kick"!"
"I've made this for my family since the kids were little ~ they are grown and out of the house now! And it is still a favorite for my husband and I!!"
"I was looking for something else to do with ground turkey other than burgers and saw this recipe, thought I would try it out.What a Hit this was with my family! They are already asking when I was going to make it again! Thank you for sharing"