- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked whole baby carrots
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey, peas and carrots; heat through. Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Biscuit Stew
"This was a complete and total hit in my house! Nothing was left. I used leftover turkey. I had carrots on hand that I needed to use up so I sliced and steamed them in place of the cooked baby carrots. I used frozen peas and just let them cook/ heat up while the mixture baked in the oven. As a Volunteer Field Editor I highly recommend this recipe and will definitely make it again!"
"This was a good use for leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, and pretty easy too. I made everything in a normal pan, then transferred it to an 8x8. I then used the larger biscuits, so it only took about 5 or 6 to fill the top. I lowered the temperature to 360 (the biscuit tube said to put it at 350, so I kind of did in between). Despite the lower temperature, the biscuits were done on top (golden brown), but still completely raw on the bottom. Also, it tasted WAYYYY too much like butter. Overwhelmingly so. Maybe next time I should put aluminum foil on top to get the inside to cook more. Not sure what to do about the butter taste though. I'd give this another go but I'd probably try other recipes first."
"This is a really good recipe that works as is or with modifications! I used leftover homemade turkey gravy, frozen peas and carrots and homemade buttermilk biscuits. (This way I could have less sodium since I hardly ever cook with salt.) I couldn't find the leftover turkey I froze, so I used cooked chicken instead. I also added dried minced garlic and poultry seasoning. My husband packed up some to take to work for lunch which is definitely a sign he liked it, LOL!"
"Big hit at my house but instead of peas I used green beans"