Turkey-Berry Stuffing Balls
You'll spend less time in the kitchen when you prepare this quick side dish that takes advantage of stuffing mix. "This is terrific to take to potlucks and holiday dinners," says Harpster, Ohio's Bernadine Dirmeyer. "The recipe can easily be doubled for large gatherings."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine eggs, broth and stuffing; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in turkey mixture and cranberries.
- Shape into 12 balls and place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 314 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Turkey-Berry Stuffing Balls in Quick Cooking November/December 2001