Turkey Bean Chili
This is a fast, easy reicpe that tastes great. It won a ribbon at the Nebraska State Fair.--LaRita Lang, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great norther beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 236 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 9g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Bean Chili in Country Woman September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.