- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 romaine leaves
- In a small bowl coarsely mash beans. Add the egg white, zucchini, red pepper, chili powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with onion and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Bean Burgers
"We really enjoyed this burger. It's been a long time since I've tried ground turkey, as I haven't been a big fan of it, but am so glad I did. I did use corn in place of the red pepper and loved it in there, fresh off the cob. We also skipped the bun and didn't miss it a bit. Thanks TOH kitchen!"
"I will need to make this again as the burgers did not hold together well! So.... What did I do wrong? Used grass feed beef and whole egg were my only changes!"
"These were really good turkey burgers. I was worried they weren't going to hold together but they did and even my 8 year old ate them! I got 6 burgers instead of 4."
"Used a 1 lb package of ground turkey. These were good but could have used a bit more seasoning. Also, the mixture is quite soft, so we found that making the patties early and chilling in the fridge or freezer helped firm them for cooking on the grill."
"I love all the ingredients in this recipe and I just mixed up a batch, and they smell wonderful (not cooked yet). I am wondering if they can be frozen either before cooking or after? Would like to have this on hand for future meals since I have the mess going and lots of ground turkey to deal with today."
"Hi Peyton612 - Yes the nutritional information includes the buns! :) Community Manager - Taste of Home."
"The nutrional information does that include the bun ?"