Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, picante sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes. Add turkey; simmer 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve in buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jun 6, 2015
Super easy to make and flavorful
Nov 25, 2014
This was good, quick and easy.
May 24, 2012
Great use of leftover turkey! We only had enough turkey for 1/2 recipe, but my husband started prepping for the whole recipe. Therefore, we ended up using a mix of half turkey and half chicken. Turned out great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.