- 1 turkey (about 12 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and seasonings; rub 3 tablespoons over turkey. Cover and refrigerate remaining butter mixture. Bake turkey, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- Remove turkey; pour drippings into a saucepan. When turkey is cool enough to handle, remove meat from the bones. Shred turkey and return to the roasting pan. Add broth and remaining butter mixture to the drippings; bring to a rolling boil. Pour over shredded turkey.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Barbecue
"This is a DELICIOUS recipe! Great for a crowd. I served it at my son's birthday party and it was a huge hit!"