Turkey Avocado Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons taco sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces sliced cooked turkey
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in taco sauce and pepper sauce; spread over bread.
- Layer the turkey, avocado and tomato on two bread slices; sprinkle with cilantro. Top with lettuce and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 399 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 17, 2018
I skipped the hot sauce and cilantro, but still very nice flavors!
Nov 13, 2011
I thought this was ok. Nothing to write home about and not really sure why.
Jul 11, 2011
These sandwiches were very flavorful. I loved the spread, it gave it a little zip without it being overpowering. All the different components of the sandwich made for a lot of nice textures (I toasted the wheat bread) and just an overall great tasting sandwich. Loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.