"I like to jazz up a plain turkey sandwich with vegetables and fresh cilantro from my garden," shares Dave Bremson from Plantation, Florida. "I combine zesty taco sauce with fat-free cream cheese for the bread spread. A little hot pepper sauce quickly kicks the heat up a notch."
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons taco sauce
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces sliced cooked turkey
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in taco sauce and pepper sauce; spread over bread.
- Layer the turkey, avocado and tomato on two bread slices; sprinkle with cilantro. Top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Avocado Sandwiches in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p13
Reviews forTurkey Avocado Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2011
"I thought this was ok. Nothing to write home about and not really sure why."