Turkey Asparagus Divan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg whites, egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip turkey in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Layer each cutlet with a ham slice, two asparagus spears and cheese. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Transfer to a platter; keep warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Apr 18, 2012
This was so easy and fast for a busy weeknight. My kids ate the breaded cutlets, my husband had his with ham, cheese, and mushrooms, and I had mine as the recipe suggests. Delicious and everyone was happy. I would maybe brown on both sides next time and let the turkey finish cooking and the cheese melt in the oven. Will definitely make again.
Jul 17, 2010
Super easy to make with great tasting results. We love it!
Apr 9, 2010
that happens to me all the time and i am only 57 lol and the recipie is awesum. very easy and resonably priced, will make this a regular in my dinner choices. even my picky hubby loved it
Apr 8, 2010
Best review EVER~ lol
Feb 22, 2009
I typed in a USERNAME on form and forgot my old password so the USERNAME SLIPPED MY MIND, too. Now I have my password but not the USERNAME. HELP!! I'm 80, can I use that as an excuse???