Turkey, Apple & Vegetable Omelet
I'm always trying to come up with wholesome recipes that use turkey and veggies. This one has been a hit with my family—especially at reunions when we make breakfast the next morning. —Doris Kinnaird, Franklin, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casing removed
- 1/4 cup each chopped green, sweet yellow and red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 eggs
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Chopped tomatoes and avocados
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage, peppers, apple, celery, green onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables and apple are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and remaining salt and pepper. In the same pan, heat 1-1/2 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Pour in half of egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, slide onto a plate.
- Spoon turkey mixture over egg; top with cheese. Repeat with remaining oil and egg mixture, sliding egg over cheese. Top with parsley; cut into wedges. Serve with tomatoes and avocado.
Originally published as Apple, Avocado, Turkey Family Omelet in Breakfast & Brunch 2014 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.