Turkey Apple Potpie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large tart apple, cubed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit top of dish. Cut vents in pastry, using a small apple cookie cutter if desired. Place over filling; flute edges. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 389 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 3, 2016
This is a great recipe to use up holiday leftovers. I made a few changes to accommodate our tastes and pantry. 1) 1/2 cup of onion instead of 1/4. 2) added 1/2 cup of celery to the onions. 3) Cream of Celery instead of cream of chicken. Got rave reviews!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.