Turkey and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Try this skillet dish after the holidays when you have a lot of leftover turkey to up. The vegetables add fun color and crunch. I know your family will love it as much as mine does. —Kylene Konosky of Jermyn, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in oil until tender. Combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the turkey, peas and water chestnuts; cook until turkey is heated through and peas are tender. Serve over rice if desired.