Turkey a la King for 2
Preparation is effortless when you use Rosemary Barton‘s recipe for this comforting favorite. “This a la king is great served over mashed potatoes, too,“ adds Rosemary from Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, broth, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the turkey and pimientos; heat through. Serve with toast.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 343 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Originally published as Turkey a la King in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.