- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, brown sugar and salt. In a saucepan, heat the water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the turkey, cheese and mustard. Divide dough into eight pieces. On a floured surface, roll each piece into a 7-in. circle. Place filling on half of each circle. Fold dough over filling; pinch seams to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTurkey 'n' Swiss Calzones
"Delicious! I used ham instead of turkey, and it turned out wonderfully."
"The crust is excellent and easy to make, but the filling is very bland. I would try a sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese."
"This recipe has become a family favorite! Sometimes we make them with pizza toppings and they always come out great."