- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 5 cups herb-seasoned stuffing
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 jar (12 ounces) turkey gravy
- 5 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, broth and butter. Add stuffing; mix well. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside. In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; mix well. Add the turkey, peas, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; mix well. Stir in gravy. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Spoon into the crust. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Arrange cheese strips in a lattice pattern over filling. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forTurkey 'n' Stuffing Pie
"Yummy followed directions exactly!"
"This was a delicious dish! I added some sour cream as I didn't have quite enough gravy, and I used mozzarella instead of process cheese, but it still turned out great!"