VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 beef tenderloin steak (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Stir in the garlic, lemon juice and peel; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, basil, green onions, broth and remaining oil. Cover and process until blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with pesto sauce. Divide between two plates. Serve with beef and shrimp. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turf 'n' Surf with Pesto Sauce Pasta in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p59