Tuna with Wasabi Sauce
Wasabi mayonnaise can be found in the Asian section of your local supermarket. Wasabi, an Asian plant similar to horseradish, has a fiery flavor. Add some plain mayonnaise to make a milder sauce.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar and oil; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion and lemon juice until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with wasabi sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 458 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 53g protein.
Originally published as Tuna Steaks with Wasabi Sauce in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005