Tuna with Wasabi Sauce
Wasabi mayonnaise can be found in the Asian section of your local supermarket. Wasabi, an Asian plant similar to horseradish, has a fiery flavor. Add some plain mayonnaise to make a milder sauce.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar and oil; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion and lemon juice until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with wasabi sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 458 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 53g protein.
Originally published as Tuna Steaks with Wasabi Sauce in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.