Tuna with Citrus Ponzu Sauce
I like this Asian-inspired tuna because it's easy to prepare, delicious and healthy, too. It's a popular dish with my friends. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Combine the five-spice powder, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over tuna steaks. In a large skillet, cook tuna in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center; remove and keep warm.
- Combine the orange juice, onions, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger; pour into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with tuna.