Tuna Veggie Macaroni Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Add cheese and milk; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in the vegetables, tuna and dill; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 414 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Veggie Macaroni
"My family and I quite enjoyed this dish. I'm not usually a huge fan of using velveta, but it gave this dish the flavor that it needed! I really like dill, so I did double the amount of dill. I would make this again."
"It was okay, a little bland."
"Something about the cheese and tuna together was unappealing. I won't make this again though my boyfriend liked it."
"I think she is referring to peas which would be a yummy addition."
"What is "sweet Pead"?"
"for a cold version (great for any cookout) Cook macaroni according to package directions and 3 minutes before done add a box of sweet pead: drain, cool and place in a large bowl. Dice 4 stalks of celery, add to the bowl. Flake the tuna and add to the bowl and mix everything well. In a small bowl mix 1 1/2cups mayo, 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp celery salt, a few grinds of fresh pepper and mix well. Add to the pasta, mix well, check for seasonings and chill. Add another 1/2c mayo or enough to just coat the pasta before serving. We make this for every cookout and it always disappears - so simple and SO GOOD!!!"