A friend brought tuna sandwiches to a picnic years ago. I never got the recipe from her, but these are close and just as delicious! —Lisa Sneed, Bayfield, Colorado
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 4 slices multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise and lemon-pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon of goat cheese on each slice of bread. Spread two slices with tuna mixture; top with basil leaves and remaining bread. Cut in half or into desired shapes. Yield: 4 tea sandwiches.
Originally published as Tuna Tea Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p200
Reviews forTuna Tea Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2010
"I made these for a party and they were delicious! The lemon pepper seasoning is a brilliant touch!"