Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes for Two
"I created these broiled tomato halves one afternoon when I wanted a warm lunch," shares Renee McGowen from her home in Aurora, Colorado. The addition of chopped celery gives the tuna mixture a nice crunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cut tomato in half through the stem. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Fill tomato shells with tuna mixture; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 187 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.