“This standby is always a good choice for a quick lunch," says Molly Seidel, Edgewood of New Mexico. “It’s quick, refreshing and satisfying.” Better still, it gets one more Easter egg off your hands!
Recommended: Stuffed Peppers Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 whole dill pickle, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, pickle, mayonnaise, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Gently stir in egg; spoon into tomato shells. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p52