Tuna Steaks with Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a bowl, combine the carrots, mango, lime juice, chives, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, coriander and cumin; set aside. Sprinkle tuna steaks with remaining salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 81 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jun 15, 2013
Husband is not to keen on coriander, but my son and I love it, my husband ate it and said not bad, will make it again but will not put as much coriander in for hubbys sake
Apr 21, 2012
I used a different mango salsa recipe because I didn't have the carrots and am not a huge fan of coriander or cumin. However, I loved the simple salt and pepper on the tuna that allowed for the real flavor of the tuna to shine. We grilled it for barely 4 minutes on each side so that the middle was warm yet still pink. It was so yummy, I am making it again tonight for company!
Feb 9, 2010
I made some personal adjustments to the dish since I don't like coriander or cumin. I added chopped serrano pepper to the salsa. The tuna steaks I marinated in olive oil, pressed garlic, black pepper, salt and balsamic vinegar before broiling, added a tablespoon of Kikkoman teriyaki sauce before broiling. The salsa was great and the tuna tender and tasty just loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.