- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and well drained
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) tuna, well drained and flaked
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese, well drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 slices (3 ounces) mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a mixing bowl, combine spinach, tuna, cottage cheese, Parmesan and garlic. Set aside. Unroll crescent roll dough onto waxed paper; do not separate dough. Press to seal seams and perforations. Cover with another piece of waxed paper. Roll dough to form a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Transfer dough to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, discarding waxed paper. Spread filling down center of dough lengthwise in a 3-1/2-in. strip. Top with sliced cheese. Make cuts in the dough at 1-in. intervals on both long sides of rectangle almost to edge of filling. Fold dough strips diagonally over filling, overlapping strips and alternating from side to side. Top will look braided. Combine egg with water and brush over entire top. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 appetizer or 4-6 main dish servings.
Reviews forTuna Spinach Braid
"Looked forward to making this dish, but was quite disappointed in the results. Something about the tuna and spinach combination just didn't work well together. Definitely won't be making this again."
"Made this tonight. It is simple and quick-had everything on hand. My picky husband loved it. Wants to take leftovers for lunch tomorrow."
"Would love to make this. However, I am a whole wheat person. What do you suggest. Thanks!!!![email protected]"