- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- In a bowl, combine eggs and tuna. Add the cheese, green pepper, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in the Miracle Whip.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each roll; wrap individually in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTuna Salad Sandwich
"I'm not crazy about tuna, but this is a good recipe!!"
"I cut this in half & used celery in place of the green pepper as I didn't have green pepper on hand. I added some creole seasoning which helped boost the flavor, but I still thought it could use something more. Next time I will try adding some mustard."
"I like to add a pinch of cayenne and a bit of smoked paprika for flavor. Sometimes, if I'm feeling like letting my family splurge, I'll top if off with good ol' melty American cheese (unhealthy? yes, but so tasty!)."
"If you like tuna, this could be considered comfort food. I did add some extra seasonings, such as cajun seasoning for some "kick". The filling is soft and some of it will likely come out of the sides as you're eating it--no problem--have a spoon or fork ready to scoop it up!"
"I can only say they were "allright" Not nothin' to right home to ma about."
"Very, very tasty, just felt like it needed a little spice to it. A big hit with my family. Will make again!"
"I just made this this past weekend out of curiosity and they are fabulous! Next time I will have to cut the recipe down because there were only two of us and one sandwich was filling enough!"
"This is one of the best tuna melt burger recipes we've tried... and continue to make!"