Tuna Rice Salad Recipe
Most of my recipes—including this one—were developed from my experiments with leftovers. This salad is also delicious prepared with leftover chicken or turkey instead of tuna.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Pimiento-stuffed olives and lemon wedges, optional
- 1. Place rice in a medium bowl. Combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over rice and toss to coat. Stir in the tuna, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Line a serving platter with lettuce; top with salad. Garnish with eggs, olives and lemon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 256 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Rice Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC