Tuna Rice Salad
Most of my recipes—including this one—were developed from my experiments with leftovers. This salad is also delicious prepared with leftover chicken or turkey instead of tuna.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Pimiento-stuffed olives and lemon wedges, optional
- Place rice in a medium bowl. Combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over rice and toss to coat. Stir in the tuna, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Line a serving platter with lettuce; top with salad. Garnish with eggs, olives and lemon if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 256 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Tuna Rice Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.