Tuna Rice Salad
Most of my recipes—including this one—were developed from my experiments with leftovers. This salad is also delicious prepared with leftover chicken or turkey instead of tuna.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Pimiento-stuffed olives and lemon wedges, optional
- Place rice in a medium bowl. Combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; pour over rice and toss to coat. Stir in the tuna, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Line a serving platter with lettuce; top with salad. Garnish with eggs, olives and lemon if desired.