- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Tomato slices and lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onion, celery, red pepper, mayonnaise, chili sauce and seasonings; mix well. Shape into four patties (mixture will be soft).
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; fry patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve on buns with tomato and lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTuna Patty
"This was very good! I used plain breadcrumbs plus about 2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning instead of pre-seasoned crumbs, and I did not use onion or hot pepper sauce. Also, I used red wine vinegar instead of worcestershire. I tried to cut my celery small, but I think next time I will do it even smaller... I had a little trouble getting the patties to stay together on the skillet. I will be making this again though! My husband loved it!"
"loved this recipe"
"This is the yummiest tuna patty recipe I've ever tried. I'm definitely bringing tuna patties to the table more often!"
"Great alternative to hamburgers. Delicious, healthy-eating, and low cost meal! Thank you for submitting to Taste of Home."