Tuna Pate Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chili sauce, onion, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce until blended. Add tuna and parsley; mix well. Shape into a ball; place on a serving plate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 60 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Tuna Pate
"Great for those of us who enjoy the dip type appetitizers out on the counter. easy to make, easier to eat! j.w."