Tuna Noodle Main Dish
My husband's on a restricted diet, so I often make two single-serving dishes—one for him and one for me. I received this recipe from my aunt many years ago, and it's still one of my favorites today.—Peggy Burdick, Burlington, Michigan
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (3-1/4 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- 1 cup hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk. Add the bouillon, salt if desired and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the tuna, peas and pimientos; heat through. Serve with noodles.
1 each: 705 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1832mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 6g fiber), 42g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC