- 6-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions; stir in tuna and mushrooms. Combine the soup, milk, salt and pepper; add to noodle mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines and butter; sprinkle over noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTuna Mushroom Bake
"I recall that I had made adjustments with this recipe when it first appeared in Taste of Home. My adjustments: I'd used 2 cups of uncooked wide egg noodles & I'd flaked the tuna fish in addition to draining it. I'd sauteed 1 cup of mushrooms since I didn't have canned mushrooms and used seasoned Italian bread crumbs. I baked the casserole 45 minutes.Thank you, Connie Moore, for your recipe! I do like tuna noodle casseroles very much and yours is delicious! delowenstein"
"Was just a bit bland, I thought. Next time I'll probably add a vegetable of some sort and a spice or two. Other than that it was very good!"
"mmmh tastes reeally good and is very easy to make it. At the end I add instead of butter and saltines, I add some bread squares and some cheese cheddar over. Tuna fish I add with 1or 2 spoons of mayonaise and parsley. I didnt put any salt or pepper I forgot. But it tastes really good!! mhhh! I ate half of the baking dish alone !! ... :)"
"This was good! I altered it quite a bit though, and I would change it some more when I make it again. I left out the mushrooms, and used cream of celery instead of cream of mushroom, and I left out the salt and added different seasonings instead. When I make it again I'll make more buttered crumsb and maybe do it in two layers so there is the buttered crumbs in the middle too."
"This is comfort food at it's best. So reminded me of the flavors I remember a long time ago. My husband does not care for casseroles, so I made this for me. Surprisingly he loved it! I did add peas as I remember back in the day I had it like that. I also topped the casserole with the durkee fried onions instead of saltines."
"This recipe is correct as printed (without any green beans). Unfortunately, the wrong photo was attached. It will be corrected soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"I just thought it was odd that the picture shows green beans, but the recipe doesn't list it???"
"I don't make casseroles much but it was one of those days where I couldnt get to the store and ended up having just the ingredients for this in the cupboard. I added an extra can of mushrooms and 2 Tbs of pimentos and it was really good! The whole family was pleasantly surprised!"