- 3/4 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the macaroni, tuna, egg, cheese, celery and relish. In another small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and salt. Stir into tuna mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTuna Macaroni Salad
"for me seafood and some items are advisable from a health point of view-will try to get it a large seafood restaurent-still remember those days 39 years ago when used to have seafood like crab,cuttle fish etc-you made my day-a perfect morning start-its early morning in india-good morning."
"A great, easy, tasty recipe. Will definitely make again. Would possibly leave out cheese next time too. Thanks Mary!"
"A few months ago I gave birth to my second baby girl. During my pregnancy I made this recipe and was one happy mama. Next time I am going to use pepper jack cheese for a little heat!"
"Very good salad for a hot day. I made it as written, but next time would leave out the cheese...it really wasn't necessary."
"lite, easy, added onion and sweet pickles."
"I make this salad all the time. Of course I have to double by 4 to 6 because I take it to functions. I don't really modify it much. I do make extra dressing because overnight it can get a little dry."
"easy to make and really tasty!!!"
"I made it with finely diced 1/2 a poached chicken breast instead of tuna and shredded cheddar cheese instead of cubed and it turned out just as yummy as when I made it just like the recipe!"