Tuna Louie Burgers
My father and brother are avid fishermen who keep me supplied with fresh fish from the Pacific. I came up with this recipe that blends Louie sauce with grilled tuna, to make a very yummy sandwich —Cleo Gonske, Redding, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- LOUIE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 hard rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Brush tuna steaks with salad dressing; sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Squeeze lemon over tuna.
- Spread rolls with butter. Grill, covered, over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Serve tuna on rolls with Louie sauce, tomato and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 581 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1022mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 46g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Tuna Louie Burgers in Taste of Home Magazine - Best Loved Recipes 2012