Tuna Louie Burgers
My father and brother are avid fishermen who keep me supplied with fresh fish from the Pacific. I came up with this recipe that blends Louie sauce with grilled tuna, to make a very yummy sandwich —Cleo Gonske, Redding, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- LOUIE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 hard rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Brush tuna steaks with salad dressing; sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Squeeze lemon over tuna.
- Spread rolls with butter. Grill, covered, over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Serve tuna on rolls with Louie sauce, tomato and lettuce.