- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- In a skillet, saute the almonds, onion and celery in butter. Meanwhile, combine cabbage, tuna, soup and half of the chow mein noodles in a bowl. Stir in almond mixture. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTuna Crunch Casserole
"This sounds great but what could we substitute for the cabbage?"