Tuna Crunch Casserole
This is a great everyday meal...it's exceptionally easy and economically to prepare. With tuna in your pantry, you can decide to make this casserole at the last minute without a trip to the store.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the almonds, onion and celery in butter. Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the cabbage, tuna, soup and half of the chow mein noodles. Stir in almond mixture.
- Spoon into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 217 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Tuna Crunch Casserole in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook