Tuna Crunch Casserole
This is a great everyday meal...it's exceptionally easy and economically to prepare. With tuna in your pantry, you can decide to make this casserole at the last minute without a trip to the store.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the almonds, onion and celery in butter. Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the cabbage, tuna, soup and half of the chow mein noodles. Stir in almond mixture.
- Spoon into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 217 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Tuna Crunch Casserole in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.