- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 slices light rye bread
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Combine sour cream and garlic salt; spread on one side of each slice of bread. In a small bowl, combine tuna and mayonnaise; spread on four slices of bread. Top with cheese and remaining bread;gently press together.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add two sandwiches; cook until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTuna Cheese Melts
"I found this recipe in the August/September 2004 Taste of Home Issue. Apparently I tried it then, and note it as excellent. I can't wait to try it again."
"Awesome and easy!"