Tuna Caesar Sandwiches for Two
“I’ve always loved tuna sandwiches because they’re such a cinch to make. Plus, they’re versatile; you can add so many different ingredients to tuna.” —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 cucumber slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over two slices of toast. Top with cucumber, tomato, lettuce and remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 338 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Tuna Caesar Sandwich in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010