Tuna Broccoli Roll-ups
For a family-pleasing main dish that's on the lighter side, consider these cheesy tortilla wraps. They're a fun and tasty alternative to the usual tuna casserole.—Mary Wilhelm, Sparta, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 6 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine soup and milk; set aside. Combine the tuna, broccoli, 1/3 cup cheese and 3 tablespoons almonds. Stir in half of the soup mixture.
- Spoon filling down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining soup mixture over top; sprinkle with tomato.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and almonds. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Broccoli Tuna Roll-Ups in Country Woman January/February 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.