Tuna Biscuit Squares
The biscuit squares get a head start with biscuit/baking mix and canned tuna. Instead of using American cheese, consider topping your tuna squares with slices of Swiss cheese or with shredded cheese.—Elizabeth Montgomery, Allson, MA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 to 8 slices process American cheese
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine milk, mayonnaise and salad dressing. Stir in biscuit mix until blended. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 5-8 times.
- Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the tuna, celery, onion, relish and garlic powder. Spread over crust; top with cheese. Bake for 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with tomato if desired.