Tuna and Tomato Kabobs
A lime-herb marinade adds great taste to the tuna and vegetables on these attractive skewers. “I lightened this up by using tuna in place of the beef cubes called for in the original recipe. Halibut or swordfish work well, too,” says Edrie O’Brien, of Denver, Colorado.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound tuna steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add tuna; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread tuna and vegetables.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, turning occasionally.