Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, optional
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, optional
- Partially cook bacon; drain on paper towels. Cut a 1/4-in. lengthwise slit in each hot dog; place cheese in each slit. Starting at one end, wrap bacon in a spiral around hot dog; secure with toothpicks.
- Split buns just halfway. Combine butter and mustard; spread inside buns. Set aside.
- On a covered grill over medium heat, cook hot dogs with cheese side down for 2 minutes. Place buns on grill with cut side down; grill until lightly toasted. Remove toothpicks from the hot dogs; serve in buns with onion and chilies if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1130mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
May 25, 2011
Didn't care for this recipe, won't bother with it again.
Jan 7, 2011
My daughter does not care for cheese. So for her hot dog I just skip the cheese and do everything else the same..I also make them on the stove top..
Jul 6, 2008
Since finding this recipe, I have tried them in various combinations. The bacon adds a wonderful extra flavor to these dogs. Thanks for sharing Myra!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.