Truffle-Filled Cookie Tarts Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large egg yolks
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Shape level tablespoons of dough into 2-1/2-in.-wide patties. Press onto bottoms and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- 3. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Immediately press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips, cream and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 5. In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and a thermometer reads at least 160°, 15-17 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer filling to a bowl; cool 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each crust. Top with sprinkles. Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 tart: 171 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Truffle-Filled Cookie Tarts
"My husbands exact words were "THESE ARE DANGEROUS!" They are addicting, they are SO delicious!" I followed the recipe exactly. I don't know what others did that they didn't turn out, but mine did! I think I'll add some milk to make the dough not as dry the next time. (I had just a small amount of filling leftover)"
"These were delicious. I had extra filling, so I chilled it and made some truffles. I over baked the cups slightly. Next time I will remove from oven sooner."
"I made 1/2 of this recipe & I'm glad, I won't make them again. Center is way to bitter. Maybe Milk Choc. Chips?? Hard to get out of pan, a total waste of ingredients."
"They are delicious but I found them difficult to get out of the pan despite greasing them generously. About 1/3 of mine broke and were not fillable."
"These are delicious, would you know a way to incorporate peanut butter into this recipe? Email. [email protected]"
"Delicious. Perfect amount of dough for 30 cups. Dough is easy to handle. Twice as much filling as needed. You could double the dough or halve the filling. I am using my leftover filling on ice cream. You can't go wrong!"
"These are a bit time consuming, but a very rich, very special treat!"