Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening. Stir until smooth; cook for 5 minutes. With a narrow pastry brush, "paint" the chocolate mixture on the inside of 1-in. foil candy cups. Place on a tray and refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Remove about 12 cups at a time from the refrigerator; remove and discard foil cups. Return chocolate cups to the refrigerator. For filling, melt candy coating and cream; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Beat filling for 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Use a pastry star tube or spoon to fill the chocolate cups. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 157 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 1, 2011
Wow good thing I read the reviews!
Feb 15, 2011
I was so excited to make this for Valentine's Day. Thank goodness I worked on it the day before because I ended up throwing it in the garbage. Lining the cups was easy but peeling them without breaking them was not, but I figured I could "fix" them up with the filling. It was SO SWEET - too sweet and I LOVE sweets, but it was too much! Not edible....ended up in the trash which is unheard of at our house!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.