Truffle Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped, optional
- 1. For truffles, in a small saucepan, melt the chocolate, milk and butter over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Roll into twenty-four 1-in. balls; chill 1 hour longer.
- 2. For cupcakes, in a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs. sour cream, oil, water and vanilla; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Drop a truffle into the center of each cupcake. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 17-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 275 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Truffle Chocolate Cupcakes
"Amazing! Simple to make. They turned out perfect. Delicious!The only thing I did different was use Vanilla Marshmallow frosting (instead of the whipped cream) and decorated them with hearts, roses, and Valentine's sprinkles."
"If you take and bake the cupcake without the truffle..once baked take the cooled cupcake and cut a hole in middle..drop in the truffle from the refrig and put the cap back on..frost as desired..this solves the problem of the truffle melting to the bottom of the cupcake..! Enjoy these delicious cupcakes..."
"cupcakes were good but i couldnt really tell there was a truffle in it.It kind of sunk to the bottom...melted...and leaked out the bottom.However I did use Lindor store bought truffles instead of homeade. Still made a moist chocolatey cupcake tho..."
"Love this recipe! it's moist, only thing is that the truffle melts to the bottom, so i freeze the truffle, then roll it in flour it seems to keep in the center of the cupcake. Tammara, Iowa"
"Great tasting cupcake.I topped this cupcake with a carmel alcohol infused whipped cream for an adults only desert,they were a big hit!"
"These were amazing! The chocolate truffles in the middle.. I couldn't get enough!"
"Ok. Truffle. chocolate. Cupcakes. Yum. Any questions?"
"This is a very moist cupcake and the truffle taste very very good! have made them more than once."
"I made these for Valentines day and they are delicious!! They are moist, rich and fudgy. The only problem I had is that the truffle sank and melted to the bottom of the cupcake. They were still really good though!"