Truffle Cake with Candy Cane Cream
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted and coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 candy canes, finely ground
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- In a large saucepan, cook chocolate and cream over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, flour and remaining sugar on high speed until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form; fold in ground candy and extract if desired. Serve with cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 442 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 23, 2014
This is a fairly simple dessert to prepare but guest will think it worthy of a pastry chef! I did a ganache drizzle on top instead of the candy cane cream as this had to sit out on the counter for a couple of hours. Best served at room temperature for optimum velvety smoothness!
Aug 21, 2014
Chocolate, what more can I say.
Dec 10, 2011
This rocked!!! It's rich but not heavy. I used the lesser amount of peppermint extract and it seemed perfect!!!! SO YUMMY all together!
Dec 30, 2010
Made this for Christmas, everyone loved it and asked for it agoin for New Years. I am going to try the ganache on top like chrissybr did. Great recipe!
Dec 26, 2010
This was so decadent and chocolately, we really enjoyed it on Christmas Day. The only thing different I did was chop up peppermint patties and added it to the chocolate. 5 stars indeed.
Feb 25, 2010
Very rich cake, but good flavor. Not too sweet. I couldn't eat an entire piece!
Jan 30, 2010
Luxurious taste, very easy to make!YUM!
Jan 24, 2010
Great recipe! My brother loves anything mint so I added about 3 teaspoons of the peppermint extract to the cake to make it more of a "minty dessert". It was great! My brother is already requesting it for his b-day in June!
Jan 17, 2010
My daughter made this for my dads birthday and my parents took it home, thats how much they liked it!
Jan 16, 2010
Absolutely delicious and moist. Everyone raved about the candy cane cream. I did cover it with ganache the second time I made it and thought it was even better. I drizzled melted white chocolate over the top as well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.