True-Blue Potato Salad
"Blue cheese makes this a deliciously different potato salad," writes Wilma Bailey of Sedona, Arizona. "It disappears fast at family gatherings or potluck dinners."
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Let stand until cool enough to handle or refrigerate overnight. Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, onions and celery. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper and celery seed. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 175 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as True-Blue Potato Salad in Light & Tasty Premiere 2001
Jul 5, 2012
Very good. A change of pace from the classic potato salad. The blue cheese adds a bit of a zip to it which is very good.
Feb 20, 2010
I made this for a BBQ potluck and it turned out very good. I added cooked chopped bacon to it which was delicious!