Trout with Mushrooms
A mild lemon sauce accented by fresh mushrooms complements these tender trout fillets from Kathy Kittell of Lenexa, Kansas. "When fish is on sale, I buy plenty to serve to my large brood, because it always gets eaten up right away," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in parsley. Remove mushrooms to a serving platter; keep warm. Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish; coat fillets with flour mixture on both sides. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Cook trout over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork; arrange over mushrooms.
- For sauce, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in cream and lemon juice. Bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Serve over trout and mushrooms.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 330 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Feb 10, 2012
I wasn't sure if I cooked the sauce correctly, as it didn't seem thickened while I poured on fillets. However, the taste was out of this world. I served with asparagus and a baked potato. It was easy and delicious. Thanks for sharing!!