Trout Meuniere Recipe
Tossed green salads are always a great way to complete a nice meal, and this recipe goes well with just about any main course for an elegant presentation.—Nancy Kelley, Nashville, Tennessee
- 4 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Coat both sides of fillets with crushed saltines. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Cook fillets for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir the almonds in remaining butter until lightly toasted. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve with trout. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 337 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Trout Meuniere
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC